i have chosen bio, phy, math, chem, eng as my cbse board subjects. will the marks of all subjects be taken in jee mains for calculating my final rank???????

i have chosen bio, phy, math, chem, eng as my cbse board subjects. will the marks of all subjects be taken in jee mains for calculating my final rank???????

Grade:11

1 Answers

Ravi
askIITians Faculty 69 Points
9 years ago
Performance in Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination

One of the criteria for admission to IITs and ISM is that the candidate should satisfy at least one of these two criteria:

He/she is within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in his/her respective Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination.
He/she has secured 75% (for GEN or OBC-NCL) or 70% (SC, ST or PwD) of aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination.

The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the cut-off marks for fulfilling the top 20 percentile criterion: (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) a language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered), and (5) any subject other than the above four (the subject with the higher marks will be considered).
For calculation of the total marks for five subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject isNOTout of 100, then the marks will be scaled (up or down) to 100 so that the total aggregate marks is out of 500.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free