I am an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and I have a doubt whether I am able to obtain a seat at the IITs? I've checked the bulletin released JEE MAIN website and it says, "OCI/PIO/Foreign candidates are not eligible for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs through JEE (Main) Channel)". I have also read online that IITs come under CFTIs. Please specify whether I am eligible for admission to IITs, and if I am able to write JEE Advanced. Also, is there any quota under supernumerary seats for OCIs?

I am an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and I have a doubt whether I am able to obtain a seat at the IITs? I've checked the bulletin released JEE MAIN website and it says, "OCI/PIO/Foreign candidates are not eligible for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs through JEE (Main) Channel)". I have also read online that IITs come under CFTIs. Please specify whether I am eligible for admission to IITs, and if I am able to write JEE Advanced. Also, is there any quota under supernumerary seats for OCIs?

Question Image
Grade:11

2 Answers

Ravi
askIITians Faculty 69 Points
9 years ago
OCi/PIO are not eligible for admission to these institutes through this channel, not this year atleast. There are a lot progressions going around on this issue and the ministry may decide to allow OCI/PIO candidates to appear for JEE Main the next year. But as of now, they can’t.

About the quota, IIT’s and other institutes earlier had quota for OCI candidates which they discontinued after 2 years of that reservation coming into effect.
John Doe
16 Points
9 years ago
I’ve signed up for MAINS under OCI nationality. It warned me about the ineligibility of NITS, IIITS, & other CFTIs, but I’m wondering whether I can get into IIT through JEE ADVANCED? Or does CFTIs here also include IITs?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free