I am a student of 11 th grade and I have opted for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology with the language English. I recently read about the following rule: “The five subjects will be taken into account for calculation of percentile and normalization of qualifying examination marks for paper 1(B.E./B. Tech.) and paper 2 (B. Arch./B. Planning)of JEE (Main) which are: 1- Language, 2- Physics, 3- Mathematics, 4- Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5- Any other subject. Note: If a candidate has appeared in six subjects in the qualifying examination, the subject (fifth or sixth) with better marks will be considered.” I would like to know if I am eligible to appear for the JEE-Main exam with the subjects I have opted for. Also, would I be eligible for the same if I opt for Biotechnology instead of Biology? Thank You

I am a student of 11th grade and I have opted for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology with the language English. I recently read about the following rule:

“The five subjects will be taken into account for calculation of percentile and normalization of 
qualifying examination marks for paper 1(B.E./B. Tech.) and paper 2 (B. Arch./B. Planning)of JEE 
(Main) which are: 

1- Language, 
2- Physics, 
3- Mathematics, 
4- Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 
5- Any other subject. 

Note: If a candidate has appeared in six subjects in the qualifying examination, the subject (fifth 
or sixth) with better marks will be considered.”

I would like to know if I am eligible to appear for the JEE-Main exam with the subjects I have opted for. Also, would I be eligible for the same if I opt for Biotechnology instead of Biology?

Thank You

Grade:Select Grade

1 Answers

Komal
askIITians Faculty 747 Points
8 years ago
Yes, you are eligible for JEE-Main eaxm..also when you opt for Biotechnology. !
All The Best!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free