Hi, My son is 11 th grade and aspiring to go to IITs. He is a US citizen with OCI and studying in India for past 7 years. Is he eligible to take Jee mains and advanced to get into IITs? There are some articles in news papers saying foreign students are not eligible. Any information in this regarrd is helpful. Thanks, Anand

Hi,

My son is 11th grade and aspiring to go to IITs. He is  a US citizen with OCI and studying in India for past 7 years. Is he eligible to take Jee mains and advanced to get into IITs? There are some articles in news papers saying foreign students are not eligible.

Any information in this regarrd is helpful.

Thanks,
Anand

Grade:11

3 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
8 years ago
Admission Procedure for Foreign Students

. Programmes of Study and Eligibility Requirements

Applications of Foreign Nationals nominated by the Government of India under scholarship

scheme and self-financing foreign nationals shall be entertained for all the programmes of the Institute.

Admission Criteria

(i) For undergraduate students :

Foreign nationals [Foreign passport holder or have either Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) interested in pursuing their undergraduate studies at IITs i.e. B.Tech. and Dual Degree have to appear Paper-1 of JEE (Main) conducted by CBSE. . Only top 1,50,000 candidates (including all categories) who qualify in Paper-1 of JEE (Main)-2013 will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced)-2013. Admission to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Advanced)-2013, subject to the condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates of their Boards in respective categories. For details, please visit JEE MAIN WEBLINK.

Foreign nationals interested in pursuing their undergraduate studies at IIT Madras for 5 years integrated M.A programme have to write Humanties and Social Sciences Entrance Examination conducted by IIT Madras.
grenade
2061 Points
8 years ago
yes
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points
8 years ago
As you told that your son is studying in India for past seven years, then how can you overlook this tihing that a person staying at a place for five years becomes a domicile, so, that way your son will surely be considered as an Indian student....and you can check out the counselling results at IIT and thereafter check the details of leading educational institutions like  – Lively Professional Uni, phagwara,...........TKM Colege of Engg, Kollam,....Dayalbagh Educational Inst, Agra

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free