Hi...My name is Anirudh. My parents live outside the country, I study here in India alone. We are OBC’s....So Am I eligible for reservation for OBC in the IIT JEE 2016 entrance exam?....(As my parents live outside the country, So I wanted to ask)

Hi...My name is Anirudh. My parents live outside the country, I study here in India alone. We are OBC’s....So Am I eligible for reservation for OBC in the IIT JEE 2016 entrance exam?....(As my parents live outside the country, So I wanted to ask)

Grade:Select Grade

2 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
For Reservation for OBC. You must have the Central Level OBC certificate for which you will be required to have the domicle certificate of India. If you have these documents, then only you will be eligible. Thanks.
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
It does not matter where your kith and kin are but yes for you to get eligibility, it becomes very much mandatory to be resident of a particular part in India for atleast five years and to claim category benefit, you must have a genuine category certificate....you can also visit the website of leading colleges/niversities which give some additional benefits to categories....consider these names – Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,............Al-Falah School of Engg and Tech, Faridabad,.........Denbandhu Chhoturam Uni of Sci and Tech, Murthal

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free