Hi, I have a question. Whether Article 371 applies for IIT JEE Admisssions. There are nobody around to clarify this questions for me. I am coming from Hyderabad Karnataka region. Regards Sharan

Hi,
I have a question. Whether Article 371 applies for IIT JEE Admisssions.

There are nobody around to clarify this questions for me.  I am coming from Hyderabad Karnataka region.

Regards
Sharan

Grade:12

4 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ sharan 
yes , article 371 do applies in jee admission , u have state quota in those iit and nit , iin which u belongs from . 
and for that u need to submit the certificate of nativity alongwith the adress proof at the time opf councelling . 
HOPE IT CLEARS NOW 
ALL THE BEST ..
sharan
10 Points
7 years ago
Umakanat
Thanks for your answer. That means you say that I am eligbile only in IIT that is in my state and I am not eligible for for quota in other  IITs
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ sharan 
other iit u donot have home quota or state quota , u are like other student in diffrent iit , other than your home state . 
so, selection will be based on purely merit besis their . 
HOPE IT CLEARS 
sharan
10 Points
7 years ago
Thanks Umakanth,  You are saying that Article 371 means only Home State Reservation and not like SC/ST for all IIT seats and all states.. I was thinking Article 371 provides me reservation not only in my homestate but also in all States.
Thanks

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free