Hello Sir/Madam I am a student of class 12 and an aspirant of IIT JEE so can you please give me some tips about how to manage my time and cover the whole syllabus as only 8 months are left so is it really possble to get into an IIT at this stage. Also I have not joined any coaching class and preparing through self study due to which I have lack of confidence in myself and since I am preparing through self study I face problem in getting my doubts cleared. Please suggest me something.....

Hello Sir/Madam I am a student of class 12 and an aspirant of IIT JEE so can you please give me some tips about how to manage my time and cover the whole syllabus as only 8 months are left so is it really possble to get into an IIT at this stage. Also I have not joined any coaching class and preparing through self study due to which I have lack of confidence in myself and since I am preparing through self study I face problem in getting my doubts cleared. Please suggest me something.....

Grade:12

2 Answers

Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago

You should be patient and be able to manage your time to the maximum efficiency. By time management, I mean you should be able to extract maximum self-study time from a day and allocate equal time to each subjects.The problem with competitive exams is that the course is big but they are not tough.If you read a topic right now for few days and after reading and solving few of the problems you feel comfortable in that topic and after that you start solving the problems from that topic which came in JEE,BITSAT or other exams, you would feel that these questions were so easy. But if you try solving the same type of problems after couple of months , you would find the same problems to be tough. Theis is because you lost touch with that topic.So make sure you do cover each topic properly and in time such that you have sufficent time at the end for compiling everything inside your head through revision.Time management is key. Also, you need to patient . Sometimes you might get stuck at particular topic or concept and feel irritated.Here patience comes into play. Good set of books, sufficient self-study time & patience will help you achieve your aim.
For your doubts, make sure you get it cleared somehow because that will slow you down if its not cleared.

Thanks & Regards
Aziz Alam
IIT Roorkee
askIITians
Anchit
16 Points
9 years ago
Sir can you please suggest me something for my doubts any place where I can get my doubts cleared.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free