Hello, Recently I have been looking for a good inorganic chemistry reference book. I've been looking at 1. Inorganic Chemistry by Shriver and Atkins 2. Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee I would like to get your reviews and/or comparisons on these books especially if you own them. I also welcome other recommendations that you can offer. Thank you.

Hello,

Recently I have been looking for a good inorganic chemistry reference book. I've been looking at

1. Inorganic Chemistry by Shriver and Atkins

2.Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

I would like to get your reviews and/or comparisons on these books especially if you own them.

I also welcome other recommendations that you can offer.

Thank you.

Grade:

2 Answers

Saurabh Singh
askIITians Faculty 49 Points
10 years ago
Both the books are good but according to my personal experience the language of JD LEE is simpler than atkins. I referred JDLEE during my JEE prep and Atkins during IIT days.

However, I would recommend to read selectively from these books as these books are university level and are not exactly JEE level. They have lot of info that is not required for a JEE aspirant.

So read topics like chemical bonding and atomic structure that has been explained very beautifully in LEE but try to avoid the factual topics like p block and s block.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh Singh,

askIITians Faculty

B.Tech.

IIT Kanpur

NANDA
18 Points
10 years ago
Jd lee edited by s.guha is better for jee

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free