Everywhere I have seen that teachers prove the shifting of origin concept in the first quadrant but my mind gets disturbed and confused when I try to prove 4th this in any other quadrant. Problems that I have is that (x, y) is the old coordinate and after shifting origin to (h, k) the coordinate becomes (x-h, y-k) but when it is proved in any other quadrant suppose origin is shifted in third quadrant and the point whose new coordinate I have to found is in first quadrant then I get (x+h,y+k) Please take me out of this confusion

Everywhere I have seen that teachers prove the shifting of origin concept in the first quadrant but my mind gets disturbed and confused when I try to prove 4th this in any other quadrant. 
Problems that I have is that 
(x, y) is the old coordinate and after shifting origin to (h, k) the coordinate becomes (x-h, y-k) but when it is proved in any other quadrant suppose origin is shifted in third quadrant and the point whose new coordinate I have to found is in first quadrant then I get (x+h,y+k) 
Please take me out of this confusion

Grade:11

1 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
4 years ago

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free