Dear sir, my son (GEN catagory) has scored 219 marks in JEE Mains and got 96% marks in AP Board exam. What would be his AIR? He is looking to opt CSE or EE from NIT-Warangal. Can he expect? Kindly advise. Furthermore, he attempted JEE (Advanced) as well and getting 149 marks, but I don’t think that he would be able to get his preferred branch at any newer IIT’s though. Appreciate to have your kind advise at the earliest.

Dear sir, my son (GEN catagory) has scored 219 marks in JEE Mains and got 96% marks in AP Board exam. What would be his AIR? He is looking to opt CSE or EE from NIT-Warangal. Can he expect? Kindly advise. Furthermore, he attempted JEE (Advanced) as well and getting 149 marks, but I don’t think that he would be able to get his preferred branch at any newer IIT’s though. Appreciate to have your kind advise at the earliest.

Grade:

1 Answers

Sher Mohammad IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 174 Points
9 years ago
IN jee mains rank will be around 5000-9,000.
With this rank it is difficult to get cse or ee at NIT Warangal. In advanced AIR will be around 8000-10,000. With this rank, as you stated he wouldn't be able to get preferred branch.

Sher Mohammad
faculty askiitians

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free