when we solve questions regarding an open vessel having gas fielled and then some part of it expelled out etc.. in my it is giving that in an open vessel pressure and volume remains constant.. but i think PV=nRT p is the pressure of gas and and volume of the gas(or the container) then why we assume pressure to be constant if even if some gas is expelling out..please explain the the individual terms of ideal gas equation..i.e pressure, volume etc . are these of gasor of surrounding???

when we solve questions regarding an open vessel having gas fielled and then some part of it expelled out etc.. in my it is giving that in an open vessel pressure and volume remains constant.. but i think PV=nRT p is the pressure of gas and and volume of the gas(or the container)  then why we assume pressure to be constant if even if some gas is expelling out..please explain the the individual terms of ideal gas equation..i.e pressure, volume etc . are these of gasor of surrounding???

Grade:11

1 Answers

Prajwal kr
49 Points
10 years ago

Because here the pressure is the external pressure itself as the container is open and we know that this remains constant. This is only because the container is open or else the P, V, T are for inside the container.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free