what should I do, which books should I prefer and how much time should I give to get a reasonable rank in mains and advanced? please help

what should I do, which books should I prefer and how much time should I give to get a reasonable rank in mains and advanced? please help

Grade:Select Grade

1 Answers

piyashree singh
25 Points
11 years ago
Time Management Tick, tick, tick … time just keeps moving on. You have so many competing demands on your time: School, coaching, homework, assignments, reading etc. There seems to be a perennial shortage of time. How can you come to grips with all of it? Time really can’t be managed. You can’t slow it down or speed it up or manufacture it. It just is. Time management is MANAGING YOURSELF when following some basic time management principles First thing is to determine how you are spending your time now. Capture the last entire week on a piece of paper and see the timetable you followed. Count the total number of hours spent in self study during the entire week. Once you have completed such an analysis you can begin to change the way you manage yourself in relation to time. Some time saving tips 1. Identify “Best Time” for Studying: Everyone has high and low periods of attention and concentration. Are you a “morning person” or a “night person”. Use your power times to study; use the down times for routines such as laundry and shopping. 2. Study difficult topics First: When you are fresh, you can process information more quickly and save time as a result. 3. Use Distributed Learning and Practice: Study in shorter time blocks with short breaks between. This keeps you from getting fatigued and “wasting time.” This type of studying is efficient because while you are taking a break, the brain is still processing the information. 4. Make Sure the Surroundings are Conducive to Studying: This will allow you to reduce distractions that can “waste time.” If there are times in your hostel or apartment when you know there will be noise and commotion, use that time for mindless tasks. 5. Combine Activities: Use the “Two for one” concept. While sitting in school, finish readings of the textbooks whenever you get time. If you are spending time at the barber’s shop, bring some numerical to solve. If you are traveling to or from the institute in a public transport, bring your notes to study and memorize. Goal Setting Ask any successful person, the secret behind his success, and very likely the answer will be “goals”. Goal Setting is extremely important to success. The personal goal chart is a strategy for setting realistic goals for studying and carefully evaluating the ways by which those goals will be achieved. It takes into account one’s motivations for fulfilling particular goals. It is said that “desire to learn” gives “success” and “success” gives “desire to learn”… so it sounds circular!! But once you get into this circle nothing can stop you from achieving what you want. You might have heard that “nothing succeeds like success”. What that means that it is important for one to get some success to achieve more of it. Long term plan (Annual) should be made with a view of exams, holidays and school. It creates a overall structure under which smaller milestones are set. In absence of a long term plan, you suddenly find shortage of time when your exams and tests are close by and you have no alternative. Deciding on a short-term plan calls for daily and weekly planning. These plans are the most effective because they are more realizable as compared to long-term plans. You can also make achievable short plans like: “Completing 25 questions on determinants this Tuesday evening”, “Revising volumetric chemistry on Monday”, etc.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free