My name is T Raju and I am studying in NIT, Trichy, 2nd year. I waht to upgrade myself to IITs. Is there any way I can do it??

My name is T Raju and I am studying in NIT, Trichy, 2nd year. I waht to upgrade myself to IITs. Is there any way I can do it??

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Vijya Shanti
18 Points
11 years ago

Hi Raju,

This is Vijya Shanthi from IIT Chennai and I would like to congratulate you for asking this question as this is unique and rarely asked.

The question "Whether the best students of NITs can be part of IIts" is being contemplated seriously. The chances of this prospects are very bright and it is going to open new door of opportunities who could not nake it to IITs through JEE.

The board of IIT directors may decide to permit NIT students to complete their final year from IITs. At present, this is proposal which is in offing.This initiative will be taken to attract better students and then to groom them for PHD program, thus boosting the headcounts for Doctrol degrees.

the IITs will identify bright students in first 3 years and then and evaluate their research potential through an interview. Of course, the recommendations of teachers will also count.

Once identified, the students will be admitted in IITs and these students will complete their B.tech as well as PHD in about 5 years.

Thanks!

Vijya Shanthi

IIT, Chennai

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free