Can anybody please tell me detailed format recently introduced. Is it announced officially that the new format will be brought in 2013.

Can anybody please tell me detailed format recently introduced. Is it announced officially that the new format will be brought in 2013.

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

srikar vuppalanchi
32 Points
11 years ago

i guess it is not out yet.

SKS
40 Points
11 years ago

Dear Tanyaraj,

Of course,its a high time now it being announced.

Here is the new IIT 2013 Pattern in a Nutshell :

• The joint entrance examination (JEE) will be in two parts– main and advanced from 2013
  • There will be a 3-4 weeks time gap between the two exams
  • The new test is amalgamation of the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) and the IIT-JEE, where main exam will be equivalent to AIEEE, and advanced will be equivalent to the IIT-JEE
  • Only top 150,000 candidates from the JEE-main will be qualified to appear for JEE-advanced
  • Admission to IITs will be based on the rank in JEE-advanced
  • Students should be ranked among the top 20 percentile of their respective Class XII board to considered eligible for the IITs
  • While JEE-main will be held by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), JEE-advanced will be held by the IITs
  • Admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) will be based on scores from JEE-main
  • Several deemed universities can also use the scores of JEE-main exam to admit students after they fix a minimum percentage criteria
  • ?

Please approve if you found it helpful by clicking the "YES" below !!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free