When two moving objects collide, what are the forces present?

When two moving objects collide, what are the forces present?

Grade:8

1 Answers

Archisha Ranjan
37 Points
2 years ago
When an object starts moving woth some velocity, it gains Kinetic energy. During an elastic collision when two bodies collide they transfer their kinetic energy without any loss of energy into heat, sound etc. , which means that the total energy remains same after collision. But this tyoe of collision is not observed in macro world. In macro world, inelastic collision observed in which the total energy is not conserved, some enrgy is lost in form of heat, noise etc.What natural forces oppose the greenhouse effect force? Every force must have an opposing force.In a sense, the greenhouse effect is it’s own opposite. It reflects infrared light indiscriminately, both coming towards the Earth and leaving the Earth. The difference is that there’s much more visible light and much less longer wavelength infrared light coming into the Earth from the Sun and there’s much more infrared light trying to leave Earth’s surface, so the effect is heat trapped at Earth’s surface.If you want a really silly example, If the Earth was as hot as the Sun and the Sun, the temperature of the Earth, showering the solar-system with longer wavelength infrared light, then a CO2Do photons interact with other photons?Wow, there are many answers to this question, yet I don’t think anyone has mentioned something very fundamental about photons.Photons are bosons. As such two identical photons will scatter according to Bose-Einstein statistics. This is not some hardly relevant higher order effect. It occurs with any two identical photons at any energy with unit probability.Two photons will scatter into the same field mode. It is a purely quantum phenomenon known as Hong-Ou-Mandel interference. If two identical photons collide in a beam splitter, they will form an entangled state of the type, 12√ Is gravity an attractive force?Why is the gravitational force always attractive?It isn’t.Gravitational acceleration (not a Newtonian force) is always attractive for positive mass. This is the only mass physicists are familiar with, which tends to concentrate into stars. But that is not the only type of mass that exists in our universe.Gravitational acceleration is always repelling for negative mass. Physicists are not yet familiar with negative mass, which is one-hundred percent consistent with special relativity. Negative mass does not concentrate and is extremely difficult to detect. Unfortunately, negative mass has not yIs centrifugal force real?According to Newton’s first law of motion, what does an object in motion do if all forces acting on it (This is called the net force.) add to zero? Of course, the answer is that the object continues to move in a straight line at constant speed. So, we can infer that an object moving in a circular path, even at constant speed, has a non-zero net force acting on it.Now, what does Newton’s second law of motion say? It says that the net force acting on an object is proportional to the acceleration produced. In the case of an object moving in a circular path at constant speed, the acceleration is tPhysics: What is force?Well my friend that is certainly a very non intuitive question to be frank! But you would be surprised to know that i also asked the same question to my 8th grade physics teacher. But i never really got a considerable answer from her, so i further inquired on this question that what does force literally means.While i was in my intellectual pursuit in seek to this problem, i had to go deep in the rabbits hole, but as i emerged, i emerged enlightened. I realised that nature is pure and divine. On the other hand it was man who developed all these maths to understand nature hence science is not diWhat is an impulsive force?Impulsive ForceThe force that two colliding bodies exert on one another acts only for a short time, giving a brief but strong push. This force is called an impulsive force.The impulsive force is much stronger than any other force available at that point of time and acts on an object for a very short interval during collision or explosionIt is defined as the rate of change of momentumImpulse =mv-mu(momentum change)Impulsive force=Impulse/timeExamples1.Long Jump:The long jump pit is filled with sand to increase the reaction time when atlete land on it.This is to reduce the impulsive force aIs gravity a force?This answer is actually going to be a bit philosophical, because it really depends on what a force is. Here are several ways to think about it.Drop a brick (or a copy of Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler, not that there’s much of a difference) onto your foot. The brick fell down, right? It hurt when it hit your foot, right? What pushed or pulled it down onto your foot? Gravity? Yep, it’s a force.Interpret gravity geometrically; that is, interpret it just as curvature, described by the Riemann tensor Rαμβν . In this case, why does the brick fall? It falls because “down” is the “straWhat happens when an unstoppable object collides with an immovable object?The language of your question sounds like it was taken from a superhero comic book. Come to think of it, the theme of your question also sounds like it came from that same source. But I’ll take a scientific crack at it: if the unstoppable force encountered the immovable object, then the unstoppable force would go off in every direction except through the immovable object. That way the immovable object remains immovable, thus sticking to the main terms of its definition, and the unstoppable force, having only changed directions instead of stopping altogether, enjoys the same benefits. How’s that?Why is a magnetic force said to be a non-contact force?Contact forces, as the name implies, need contact between the force exerter and the thing the force exerts upon. Examples of contact forces are applied force (when pushing or pulling an object), frictional force (force between two surfaces), tension force (force transmitted through a rope, string, or a wire to an object).Non-contact forces, on the other hand, does not need the exerter and the receiver to be in contact with each other. Examples are gravitational force (attractive force between objects that is proportional to the product of the mass of the two objects in question), and electricIf we can give a force to the object the the why cannot the object give the force to the other object and according to it the force will get cancelled because the former object gave the force to the latter object, isn`t it ?I don’t fully understand your question, but I believe it to be either:Case 1:If object A gives a force to object B, why cannot object B give the force back to object A and the forces will get cancelled?That’s Newton’s Third Law of Motion. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and both bodies feel equal amounts of forces in opposite direction. The combined center of mass of A and B will not accelerate, because the net force on the combined system is 0.Case 2:If I give a force to object A, why cannot object A give a force to object B and the forces will get cancelled?That’s the Law ofWhat is an impulsive force?When you force an object to move, what do you feel?What is the force that a second object returns to the first object called?If the mass of a moving object is 500g, what force will be required to speed up the object at a rate of 2m/s2?What is the difference between speed and force?Is an EMF (electromotive force) really a force?What happens when two equal forces collide?What is necessary for a force to move an object?What force speeds up a moving car?Why is a magnetic force said to be a non-contact force?What are two things that determine the amount of force it will take to move an object?What is the best type of force?How do I change speed into force?How are the different kinds of force related?Can force stop a moving object?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free