The wavelength of light in the visible region is about 390 nm for violet colour, about 550 nm (average wavelength) for yellow- green colour and about 760 nm for red colour. (a) What are the energies of photons in (eV) at the (i) violet end, (ii) average wavelength, yellow-green colour, and (iii) red end of the visible spectrum? (Take h = 6.63×10–34 J s and 1 eV = 1.6×10 –19J.) (b) From which of the photosensitive materials with work functions listed in Table 11.1 and using the results of (i), (ii) and (iii) of (a), can you build a photoelectric device that operates with visible light?

The wavelength of light in the visible region is about 390 nm for violet colour, about 550 nm (average wavelength) for yellow- green colour and about 760 nm for red colour. (a) What are the energies of photons in (eV) at the (i) violet end, (ii) average wavelength, yellow-green colour, and (iii) red end of the visible spectrum? (Take h = 6.63×10–34 J s and 1 eV = 1.6×10 –19J.)
(b) From which of the photosensitive materials with work functions listed in Table 11.1 and using the results of (i), (ii) and (iii) of (a), can you build a photoelectric device that operates with visible light?

Grade:11

1 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
3 years ago
576-1703_q.PNG

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free