The masses of blocks A and B are same and equal to m . Friction is absent everywhere. Find the mgnitude of the normal force which block B presses on wall and acclerationsof blocks A & B.

The masses of blocks A and B are same and equal to m. Friction is absent everywhere. Find the mgnitude of the normal force which block B presses on wall and acclerationsof blocks  A & B.

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Eshan
askIITians Faculty 2095 Points
5 years ago
568-1440_123.png
apoorv sahu
30 Points
5 years ago
Accleration A1 and A2 are correct but as asked in question and as give in my answer booklet the value of normal force which block B presses on wall is Naw = 12mg/25.
apoorv sahu
30 Points
5 years ago
Further correction in my above answer :
let normal force acting on block i.e on the lower block is Nb, then a new equation will be formed which will give the normal force of block B on the wall:

N1=mA1
                                                                       =>  N1=12mg/25                                        ….....answer
Eshan
askIITians Faculty 2095 Points
5 years ago
Here, it has been asked the force by wall onto the block and what we have written as ‘N’ is the normal acting between the two blocks.

The normal from the wall by looking at the FBD of M1 will beN_w=Nsin37^{\circ}=\dfrac{4}{5}mg\times \dfrac{3}{5}=\dfrac{12}{25}mg

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free