Sir my Question is soo simaple watis the difference Between Intregration and Diffraction? plz explain me in Example

Sir my Question is soo simaple
watis the difference Between Intregration and Diffraction?
plz explain me in Example

Grade:6

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
6 years ago
Dear Wasim

Key Difference:  In calculus, differentiation is the process by which rate of change of a curve is determined. Integration is just the opposite of differentiation. It sums up all small area lying under a curve and finds out the total area.

Differentiation and Integration are two building blocks of calculus. Differential calculus and Integral calculus are just the opposite of each other. Differential calculus is basically dealing with the process of dividing something to get track of the changes. On the other hand, Integral calculus adds all the pieces together.

Differentiation

Differentiation deals with the calculation of a derivative which is the instantaneous rate of change of function taking into one of its variables into consideration. It deals with quantities which continuously vary. In other words, it is equivalent to the slope of the tangent line, which is represented by m = change in y/ change in x.

Integration

Integration is just the opposite of differentiation, and therefore is also termed as anti-differentiation. It is able to determine the function provided its derivative. It measures the area under the function between limits. The process of integration is the infinite summation of the product of a function x which is f(x) and a very small delta x.  In context to a curve, it provides the total area under the curve from the x axis to the curve from a specific range. It is depicted by the symbol   If the specific interval is mentioned then it is known as definite integral otherwise indefinite integral.

As integration and differentiation are just the inverse of each other, the integration may provide the original function if derivative is known. It is also described as the fundamental theorem of calculus. Differentials is all about differences and divisions, whereas integration is all about addition and averaging. Differential determines the function of the slope as the distance between two points gets very small, similarly the process of integration determines the area under the curve as the number of partitions of rectangles lying under the curve gets large.

Regards

Arun (askIITians forum expert)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free