My query is " Suppose me and my brother are 10 years old. At the age of 10 years I went to Jupiter. [ Consider Jupiter has living condition like earth ] Now, I am living on Jupiter and my brother is living on Earth." I saw many articles stating that If I return after 10 years to earth my brother will look older than me. I mean to say he will get into his 70's and I'll still be 20 years old. Considering the real facts that 1 Year on earth = 12 Years on Jupiter . I don't understand why ? Time is moving same for us both. He will complete his 12 years and I may complete my 1 years there but still I will be completing 12 years. How does space and time affect our ages. I don't understand.

My query is " Suppose me and my brother are 10 years old. At the age of 10 years I went to Jupiter. [ Consider Jupiter has living condition like earth ] Now, I am living on Jupiter and my brother is living on Earth." I saw many articles stating that If I return after 10 years to earth my brother will look older than me. I mean to say he will get into his 70's and I'll still be 20 years old. Considering the real facts that 
1 Year on earth = 12 Years on Jupiter.
I don't understand why ? Time is moving same for us both. He will complete his 12 years and I may complete my 1 years there but still I will be completing 12 years. How does space and time affect our ages. I don't understand. 

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Mohammed Kasib Siddiqui
119 Points
5 years ago
Well its a good question. I think that your thinking ' is correct . Though you are living on jupiter but still the time moves same for you and your brother.
When you return to earth your brother will be older than you in just age numbers. But the real fact is you will be older than him.
Ever thought that not you but your brother comes to visit the same planet as you are on? 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free