Internal forces acting within a system of particles can alter the kinetic energy of the system but not the linear momentum of the system...???How?

Internal forces acting within a system of particles can alter the kinetic energy of the system but not the linear momentum of the system...???How?

Grade:11

3 Answers

Diksha Chandna
36 Points
7 years ago
Kinetic energy doesn`t have to be conserved since, in any closed system with only conservative forces, mechanical energy is conserved.kinetic energy isn`t conserved (inelastic collisions for example), hence we do not know kinetic energy is conserved.Talking about momentum F external=dp/dt Or if External Force =0 then dp vector=0 or we can say that ∆p vector =0 which implies that initial momentum=final momentum....So if the net external force on a system of particles is zero then net momentum of the system will remain conserve..Approve it if I m right...
Vaibhav
35 Points
7 years ago
thnq diksha ;) ....but can you also answer some of my biology questions??? coz i took pcb....answer this question plzzzz...(chemistry) shape of sai251?
Diksha Chandna
36 Points
7 years ago
Sorry I can`t solve ur biology questions since I m not an biology student...I can solve ur pcm doubt..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free