Identify the correct sequence of events in the viral replication process. i. Eclipse ii. Maturation iii. Adsorption iv. Assembly v. Penetration vi. Lysis A i → i i → i i i → i v → v → v i B i i → i → i i i → i v → v → v i C i i i → v → i → i i → i v → v i D i i i → v → i → i v → i i → v i

Identify the correct sequence of events in the viral replication process.
i. Eclipse
ii. Maturation
iii. Adsorption
iv. Assembly
v. Penetration
vi. Lysis

A

iiiiiiivvvi

B

iiiiiiivvvi

C

iiiviiiivvi

D

iiiviiviivi

Grade:12

2 Answers

Vikas TU
14149 Points
3 years ago
Dear student 
 option C correct. 
The first step in viral infection is adsorption which includes encounter of the virus to a susceptible host cell and its specific binding to receptor sites on the cell membrane. This is followed by uncoating of the virus by penetration and includes penetration of host cell membrane by a whole virus or its nucleic acid. In the case of endocytosis of the whole virus in a vacuole, the enzymes in the vacuole dissolve the envelope and capsid and the viral nucleic acid is released into the host cytoplasm. Penetration is followed by eclipse phase during which viral particles are being replicated and individual viral components are formed and but are not infectious. Eclipse is followed by assembly of individual viral components into intact infectious virions which are then released by rupture of host cell i.e. lysis.
ankit singh
askIITians Faculty 614 Points
3 years ago

ANSWER

The first step in viral infection is adsorption which includes encounter of the virus to a susceptible host cell and its specific binding to receptor sites on the cell membrane. This is followed by uncoating of the virus by penetration and includes penetration of host cell membrane by a whole virus or its nucleic acid. In the case of endocytosis of the whole virus in a vacuole, the enzymes in the vacuole dissolve the envelope and capsid and the viral nucleic acid is released into the host cytoplasm. Penetration is followed by eclipse phase during which viral particles are being replicated and individual viral components are formed and but are not infectious. Eclipse is followed by assembly of individual viral components into intact infectious virions which are then released by rupture of host cell i.e. lysis. This makes option C correct. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free