Findthe resultant of two vectors of magnitude 5&3and making angle 60degree between them? Give the solution by using both triangle law and parallelogram law of vector addition. In my book its clearly given that R= P+Q = √P²+Q²+2PQcos∅. But on adding the two vectors answer comes out as 8. USing this formula √P²+Q²+2PQcos∅ answer comes out to be 7. Explain

Findthe resultant of two vectors of magnitude 5&3and making angle 60degree between them?

Give the solution by using both triangle law and parallelogram law of vector addition. In my book its clearly given that R= P+Q = √P²+Q²+2PQcos∅. 

But on adding the two vectors answer comes out as 8. 
USing this formula √P²+Q²+2PQcos∅ answer comes out to be 7. 

Explain

Question Image
Grade:11

6 Answers

VISHNUPRIYA K
13 Points
8 years ago
R=
mohit yadav
54 Points
8 years ago
ans is 7 only …...you are adding vectors at an angle of 60 degree so you cannot directly add them

mohit yadav
54 Points
8 years ago
ans is 7 only …...you are adding vectors at an angle of 60 degree so you cannot directly add them

Ali Hasan
33 Points
8 years ago
CAn you please explain what triangle law actually is. TO me its just addition of two vectors in consecutive order to find the resultant
shubham sharda
360 Points
8 years ago
The resultant would be of 7 magnitude.
suman gupta
23 Points
8 years ago
ans should be7 because we cant add or subtracte a vector directly.and by using this formula u can add it and formula is (A)+(B)+2ABCOS60.
                                                            THANK U........

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free