Why do positive and negative charges attract? "These questions, being so basic, were harder to find answers to on the forums (or elsewhere). At least, it was harder to find an answer that satisfied my curiosity. I need a DEEPER, simpler, and more logical understanding of these concepts.: What does it mean for a particle to have a positive or ne gative charge?

Why do positive and negative charges attract?

"These questions, being so basic, were harder to find answers to on the forums (or elsewhere). At least, it was harder to find an answer that satisfied my curiosity. I need a DEEPER, simpler, and more logical understanding of these concepts.:
What does it mean for a particle to have a positive or negative charge?

Grade:upto college level

1 Answers

Sandeep Trivedi
15 Points
10 years ago

to understand first think of neutral object. what does neutral signifies. the word neutral signifies that the positive and negative charges are equal in number.Now to understand let us take example that a body has 10 positive charge and it has same amount of negative charge making the body neutral.Now what happens when one negative charge is withdrawn, the negative charge becomes 9 in number and the positive charge is still 10 giving the body a unit extra positive charge so in this case the body becomes positively charge.

similarly we can understand about negative charging of body.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free