The holes in bread board in horizontal direction have same voltage when a potential is given and same is the case with the verticle holes in the middle portion...May I know the reason for this??

The holes in bread board in horizontal direction have same voltage when a potential is given and same is the case with the verticle holes in the middle portion...May I know the reason for this??

Grade:Upto college level

3 Answers

Aravind Bommera
36 Points
11 years ago

The bread board has strips of metal which run underneath the board and connect the holes
on the top of the board. The metal strips are laid out as shown below. Note that the top
and bottom rows of holes are connected horizontally while the remaining holes are
connected vertically.

So,the holes in bread board in horizontal direction have same voltage when a potential is given and same is the case with the verticle holes in the middle portion.

Hit "Like" please

Aravind Bommera
36 Points
11 years ago

The bread board has strips of metal which run underneath the board and connect the holes
on the top of the board. The metal strips are laid out as shown below. Note that the top
and bottom rows of holes are connected horizontally while the remaining holes are
connected vertically as shown in figure.

So,the holes in bread board in horizontal direction have same voltage when a potential is given and same is the case with the verticle holes in the middle portion.

Hit "Like" please

2415_77743_bread board.jpg

MURALI KRISHNA YADAV
19 Points
11 years ago

My question is what is the reason behind it to behave in such a manner? Are they connected in parellel to maintain the same voltage across them?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free