Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN MOTION IN A STRAIGHT LINE. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE ANSWER FOR VERIFICATION. QUESTION: A baloon is ascending at the rate of 14 m/s at a height of 98 m above the ground, when a food packet is dropped from the baloon. After how much time and with what velocity does it reach the ground. Take g = 9.8 m / s2

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN MOTION IN A STRAIGHT LINE. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE ANSWER FOR VERIFICATION.

QUESTION:

A baloon is ascending at the rate of 14 m/s at a height of 98 m above the ground, when a food packet is dropped from the baloon. After how much time and with what velocity does it reach the ground. Take g = 9.8 m / s2

Grade:11

5 Answers

sanatan sharma
26 Points
8 years ago

applying the equation -   s=ut+(1/2)at2

here s = 98m

u = -14m/s

solving the equation we get 

98 = -14t + (1/2)9.8t2

4.9t2 - 14t - 98 = 0

solve the equation and the positive time will be the answer

Gouthuam Lakshminarayanan
31 Points
8 years ago

YES. I liked the answer but my Physics teacher did not give me marks since I solved it using Quadriatic equations.

neeraj agarwal
34 Points
8 years ago

ha gautam ji you should first know that if we drop packet from the ballon the packet will get the velocity of ballon at that instant and now                                                                                                                                                                  s=ut=1/2at2                                                                                                                                                                     -98=14t-1/2*9.8*t2                                                                                                                                                           get t and now use                                                                                                                                                             v=u+at          get velocitySmile

haritha m
12 Points
6 years ago
-98 =14 * t – ( (9.8 * t2 )/ 2 )
on solving get t=3.3
 v same as the ballon

KAPIL MANDAL
132 Points
6 years ago
Thank you sir for this answer. Thank you very much.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free