This question has statement I and statement II. Of the four choices given after the statements, choose the one that best describes the two statements. Statement- I: Higher the range, greater is the resistance of ammeter. Statement- II: To increase the range of ammeter, additional shunt needs to be used across it. (1) Statement – I is true, Statement – II is true, Statement – II is not the correct explanation of Statement–I. (2) Statement – I is true, statement – II is false. (3) Statement – I is false, Statement – II is true (4) Statement – I is true, Statement – II is true, Statement – II is the correct explanation of statement- I .

This question has statement I and statement II. Of the four choices given after the statements, choose the one that best describes the two statements.
Statement- I: Higher the range, greater is the resistance of ammeter.
Statement- II: To increase the range of ammeter, additional shunt needs to be used across it.
(1) Statement – I is true, Statement – II is true, Statement – II is not the correct explanation of Statement–I.
(2) Statement – I is true, statement – II is false.
(3) Statement – I is false, Statement – II is true
(4) Statement – I is true, Statement – II is true, Statement – II is the correct explanation of statement- I .

Grade:11

2 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
3 years ago
576-195_1.PNG
Vikas TU
14149 Points
3 years ago
The answer follows from basic Principle of stunt and its use to make an ammeter:
This option is correct.
Option 2)
Statement - I is true, Statement - II is true, Statement - II is the correct explanation of Statement - I.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free