I am getting top NIT’s but only upto civil and chemical branch but I want to get CS so should i join nit and try for branch upgradation or should I drop ? Also while placement can I get job at Google etc. even if I am from diffrent branch like biotechnology ?

I am getting top NIT’s but only upto civil and chemical branch but I want to get CS so should i join nit and try for branch upgradation or should I drop ?

Also while placement can I get job at Google etc. even if I am from diffrent branch like biotechnology ?

Grade:Select Grade

3 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
Taking a drop is not a good option as you are already getting the top NIT’s. You get try for scoreing high in your first year and then apply for branch change. Yes, if you are good in programming and by practicing it side-by-side you can crack the test/interviews of top multinational IT companys as well.
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points
8 years ago
Don’t drop..getting into an NIt is an Honour..why don’t you go for Chemical branch...in the coming years there is going to be a rampant demand of this branch...anyway thats your own choice what to do and what not to,i can suggest to try at – 
Mody Uni of Sci and Tech, Sikar
lovely Professional University,Phagwara
Visvesvarya National Inst of tech, Nagpur
Inderprasth Uni, Delhi
sajid
615 Points
8 years ago
i think you should not drop out as you getting into top nits
but depends on your interest
all the best

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION