How is it possible to remember the atomic weights of the elements for JEE? Also, I was solving RC Mukherjee's book and I found the calculations part difficult since I'm used to log table. Can anyone tell me some tips and tricks for good calculations? Thanks ^ _^

How is it possible to remember the atomic weights of the elements for JEE? Also, I was solving RC Mukherjee's book and I found the calculations part difficult since I'm used to log table. Can anyone tell me some tips and tricks for good calculations?

Thanks ^ _^

Grade:11

2 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
HI STAN
I KNOW THAT YOU WILL SURELY DISLIKE MY ANSWER FIRST BUT DEAR FRIEND REALLY THERE IS NO TRICK TO LEARN ATOMIC MASSES. BUT YOU CAN REMEMBER IN THIS WAY:
ATOMIC MASS OF CARBON= DOUBLE THE NUMBER OF ATOMIC NUMBER OF CARBON
ATOMIC MASS OF FLOURINE= DOUBLE THE NUMBER OF ATOMIC NUMBER OF FLOURINE
IN THIS WAY, MANY ELEMENTS SHOW THIS BEHAVIOUR.
THE MORE YOU PRACTICE THE MORE YOU REMEMBER. SO TRY TO PRACTICE MORE AND MORE. I AM SURE IF YOU PRACTICE WELL AUTOMATICALLY YOU WILL START REMEMBERING THE ATOMIC MASSES, NUMBERS ETC.
THANKS
FEEL FREE TO POST IF SOME DOUBT IN MIND
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ stan 
for remembering the atomic weight , there is no shortcut as such , the same thing u have to apply the shortcuts to learn the periodic table elements normally mnemonics . 
and for the exception element , u have to remember them, for example chlorine . 
and abt the log tables , log value will be given in the jee ques , u no need to remember them , just remember besic logs , so, that u can add it and substract it and find out the answer . 
for improving the calculation , u need to practice ,also , kindly specify the topics , so, that i will tell if there will be any shrtcut like that . 
ALL THE BEST ..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free