A steady current I flows along an infinitely long hollow cylindrical conductor of radius R. This cylinder is placed coaxially inside an infinite solenoid of radius 2R. The solenoid has n turns per unit length and carries a steady current I. Consider a point P at a distance r from the common axis. The correct statement(s) is (are) (A) In the region 0 (C) In the region R 2R, the magnetic field is non-zero.

A steady current I flows along an infinitely long hollow cylindrical conductor of radius R. This cylinder is placed coaxially inside an infinite solenoid of radius 2R. The solenoid has n turns per unit length and carries a steady current I. Consider a point P at a distance r from the common axis. The correct statement(s) is (are)
(A) In the region 0 < r < R, the magnetic field is non-zero (B) In the region R < r < 2R, the magnetic field is along the common axis.
(C) In the region R < r < 2R, the magnetic field is tangential to the circle of radius r, centered on the axis. (D) In the region r > 2R, the magnetic field is non-zero.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Saurabh Koranglekar
askIITians Faculty 10335 Points
3 years ago
576-1176_3.PNG

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free