i am a student of 11th class. after my mid terms i realised that i am having below average knowledge of my syllabus and weak problem solving skills. plz suggest me what should i do to prepare well for iit ? should i start studying syllabus from begining of year or after mid term ? plz help and suggest me some easy books for problem solving to build confidence.

i am a student of 11th class. after my mid terms i realised that i am having below average knowledge of my syllabus and weak problem solving skills. plz suggest me what should i do to prepare well for iit ? should i start studying syllabus from begining of year or after mid term ? plz help and suggest me some easy books for problem solving to build confidence.

Grade:11

3 Answers

Amar Kumar
27 Points
10 years ago

Hellostudent,

Purpose of IIT JEE is to check your concept and application of this concept for new problem . So i

suggest you befoere solving problem from any topic go through the concept related to that topic

when your concept will be crystal clear then  you will be able to see the demand of question.

So go ahed and start your preparation from now .

Physics basic book ....   H.C. Verma   

(By solving each and every problem you will be able to develop the problem solving skill dont slolve the question to match the answer solve the question by concept, after  that  analise each and every question what further can happen if i will change the situation)

Thanks & Regards

Amar Kumar, 

askIITians Faculty

M.Tech, IIT Delhi

Deepak Kumar
25 Points
10 years ago

Look you should go patiently. You first focus sincerely on the chapters that are being to you currently and try revising the chapters that are over on a regular basis in a proper manner. You should not miss anything what is being taught to you now for the things which have been taught just because you didn''t get wthem. Work in a cool, calm and smart manner and try to be in a tension free mind while studying. Try follow some properly distributed time-table.

Regarding books, you should ask your teacher who teaches you in particular, that would be better I guess because then it will be easy for you to follow and look up the things again after the class and you can consult him regarding any doubt.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak Kumar
AskIITians Faculty,
B. Tech, IIT Delhi.

Amit Jain
askIITians Faculty 32 Points
10 years ago

Hi Akash,

If you are having problems solving questions, you need to focus on the basics and clear your concepts thoroughly. For this, the NCERT books are to the rescue. Go through them point by point and solve all the questions. If you feel that you''ve not gotten full grasp of concepts, refer RD Sharma. It covers all the concepts and provide question with similar pattern and exhausts the syllabus. Then, you should move to A Das Gupta books for a little higher level and then, study the IIT JEE coaching material and standard books. 

Wish you all the luck in your endeavous.

1026_96662_signature.gif

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free