Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

5 ) If one litre of air is passed repeatedly over heated copper and magnesium till no further reduction in volume takes place, the volume finally obtained would be approximately a) 800 mL b) 200 mL c) 10 mL d) zero

5)        If one litre of air is passed repeatedly over heated copper and magnesium till no further reduction in volume takes place, the volume finally obtained would be approximately


a)      800 mL           


b)      200 mL


c)      10 mL


 


d)      zero 

Grade:11

1 Answers

Amit Saxena
35 Points
8 years ago

Ans:     c

Exp:     Noble gases constitute about 1% of the total volume of air. The remaining 99% volume is mainly due to oxygen and nitrogen. When 1 L (1000 mL) of air is passed over heated copper, oxygen is consumed and on further passing over magnesium, nitrogen is consumed according to equations:

2Cu + O2 ® 2CuO

3Mg + N2 ® Mg3N2

In this way about 990 mL of air is consumed. The remaining volume of about 10 mL is due to mainly Ar and other noble gases. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free