dear sir, i am a student of 10th standard.i want to get into iit very badly.how do i start preparing for iit-jee?as i reside in west bengal and my board is also west bengal board, it will be very difficult for me to prepare for iit-jee.please suggest me some books so that i can prepare for the exam.also suggest how much time should i keep for the preparation of iit.i want to get there very very badly.please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dear sir,

i am a student of 10th standard.i want to get into iit very badly.how do i start preparing for iit-jee?as i reside in west bengal and my board is also west bengal board, it will be very difficult for me to prepare for iit-jee.please suggest me some books so that i can prepare for the exam.also suggest how much time should i keep for the preparation of iit.i want to get there very very badly.please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grade:10

1 Answers

Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear Aishik,

I understand your urge to get through IIT JEE. You have solid 2 years for your preparation and if you can utilise that well , you can easily clear IIT JEE.

fundamental points you need to remember while preparation.

1. NEVER TRY TO MUG ANYTHING, AS FAR AS YOU CAN TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT

2. STUDENTS HAVE A TENDENCY TO DO PROBLEMS BEFORE EVEN UNDERSTANDING THE THEORY, THIS APPROACH IS WRONG, FIRST BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR WITH YOUR THEORY AND ONLY THEN ATTEMPT YOUR PROBLEMS ( SHARPEN YOUR AXE BEFORE YOU CUT THE TREE :) )

3. CONCEPT IS TOP PRIORITY, BUT JUST THAT WILL NOT SUFFICE, AFTER BEING THOROUGH WITH YOUR CONCEPT, YOU NEED TO GIVE ENOUGH PRACTICE FOR APPLYING THE CONCEPTS

If you do these steps for all the chapters of all the subjects, all the competetive exams will be pretty easy

and regarding the books,

As physics is my favourite subject, i am sincerely requesting you to purchase,CONCEPTS OF PHYSICS by  H C Verma , Vol 1 and 2. Because it is the best book you can ask for physics. There is one more book if you are interested. It is FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICS by Resnik and Halliday. these two books are good enough

for Mathematics, there are number of books. check out this link http://www.askiitians.com/Important-books-iit-jee.aspx

for chemistry, there are 3 parts, organic, inorganic and physical.

for organic , best book is ORGANIC CHEMISTRY by Wade Jr, you can look at the reviews for this book in some of my previous posts

for inorganic and physical, you can just take OP Tandon.

Hope you can succeed in your journey

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Aishik !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts
Rohith Gandhi, IIT Kgp

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free