I recently learnt about the SAT exam for admission to US Universities. Interested, I learnt more about it and observed that the mathematics required( which is the compulsory subject) is easier compared to the level of mathematics taught here in India to an IIT-JEE aspirant. Also, the english part is relatively tougher. So, it has led me to think whether I can keep both of them as equal options?

I recently learnt about the SAT exam for admission to US Universities. Interested, I learnt more about it and observed that the mathematics required( which is the compulsory subject) is easier compared to the level of mathematics taught here in India to an IIT-JEE aspirant. Also, the english part is relatively tougher. So, it has led me to think whether I can keep both of them as equal options?

Grade:12

1 Answers

Ravi
askIITians Faculty 69 Points
9 years ago
Hi student, SAT is a good option given that university fee is pitched pretty high for which students usually look for a scholarship. As far as the level of test is concerned, you are right. But getting a good score in SAT doesn’t totally depend on your Maths section as much as it depends on your Comprehension and writing skills whereas IIT-JEE looks for analytical abilities and ability to handle the mathematical, physics and chemical equations.
So if you want to write SAT, Quant/ Maths section would be a piece of cake if you are planning on preparing for JEE as well. Keep focus on English section as that boosts your score beyond the merit.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free