I have got 273 in BITSAT. What courses am I liable to get in BITS Pilani, Hyderabad campus? I have heard about M.Sc(Tech) Information Systems course. Is it a five year course? Will I be able to do a dual degree programme if I take up such a course?

I have got 273 in BITSAT. What courses am I liable to get in BITS Pilani, Hyderabad campus? I have heard about M.Sc(Tech) Information Systems course. Is it a five year course? Will I be able to do a dual degree programme if I take up such a course?

Grade:

1 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
For your marks it is confirm that you’ll get only MSc courses.Offered at the first tier, these degrees have nomenclature like B.E. (Hons.), B.Pharm. (Hons.), M.M.S (Master of Management Studies), M.Sc. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Tech.), and M.A. (Hons.). These are level wise equivalent degrees. They are considered to be integrated degrees for two reasons: (i)the degree program includes several cross disciplinary common coursessuch as basic math and science and, (ii)no intermediate degree, like, B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons.), B.A., B.A. (Hons), etc. is awarded. These degrees are modular in structure and academic requirements are spelt out in terms of the number of courses studied rather than the number of years.

All our programmes are designed in a way to facilitate completion within eight semesters. Our flexible academic policy gives students the option to complete their degree both at a faster pace (finishing it earlier than 8 semesters) as well as at a slower pace to finish it in later than 8 semesters.

M.Sc. (Tech.)in Information Systems, Finance & General Studies-
These programmes are multi-disciplinary, technological in character and are designed to meet the requirements of newly emerging professional activities.
i)Information Systems-The programme on Information Systems gives a good exposure to the students on computer software and software engineering techniques, both at the conceptual and application levels. At BITS, this program is equivalent to B.E. Computer Science, and is most sought after one.
ii)Finance-The courses planned for this programme are of such a nature that they fulfill the requirements of financial institutions as well as financial management needs of any industry. This programme is complementary to the M.Sc. (Hons.) Economics programme.

M.Sc. (Tech)– This is a course of4 years durationand you will end up with only one degree after 4 years which will beequivalentto a B.E. (Hons.) degree.
P.S.: While M.Sc. (Hons.) will provide you a Masters degree, M.Sc. (Tech.) isNOTa masters degree.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free