I just had a question with all my IIT FELLOWS ENGINEERS. DOES IITS,NITS AND STATE ENGNEERING COLLEGES RECOGNISES NIOS(NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLIN).ITS AUTHORIZES BY THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT.BUT DOES THE ENGENNERIN COLLEGE GIVES ADMISSION CONSIDERING 12STD MARKS WHILE TAKING ADMISSION FOR ENGINEERING. DO THEY GIVE ADMISSION TO NIOS STUDENTS MARKS????

I just had a question with all my IIT FELLOWS ENGINEERS. DOES IITS,NITS AND STATE ENGNEERING COLLEGES RECOGNISES NIOS(NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLIN).ITS AUTHORIZES BY THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT.BUT DOES THE ENGENNERIN COLLEGE GIVES ADMISSION CONSIDERING 12STD MARKS WHILE TAKING ADMISSION FOR ENGINEERING. DO THEY GIVE ADMISSION TO NIOS STUDENTS MARKS????

Grade:12

1 Answers

suryakanth AskiitiansExpert-IITB
105 Points
13 years ago

Dear prakash,

All the engineering colleges consider 12std marks, like we have minimum elegibility criteria for IIT JEE and BITSAT.The local colleges may not give much impoertnace to 12th marks.IF the college is not conducting any test(not even a single test) then it will consider the 12 ths marks.Generally Most of the engineering colleges are recognised by the state govt. The admission in to these colleges will be through the Engineering entrance test conducted by the govt.If NIOS ia authorised by central govt then it should defenetly consider the marks given by them.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free