in 1 of the question of h c verma numbered61: "A spherical capacitor is made of two conducting spherical shells of radii 'a' and 'b'. the space between the shells is filled with a dielectric of dielectric constant 'k' upto a radius 'c'. calculate the capacitance?" i hav refered al possible solutions of h c verma and also askd as many colleagues and teachers as possible but i couldnt understand why we take the two capacitors in parallel thought i feel it must b taken in series so as to get answer y do we take in parallel plz answer

in 1 of the question of h c verma

numbered61:

"A spherical capacitor is made of two conducting spherical shells of radii 'a' and 'b'. the space between the shells is filled with a dielectric of dielectric constant 'k' upto a radius 'c'. calculate the capacitance?"

i hav refered al possible solutions of h c verma and also askd as many colleagues and teachers as possible but i couldnt understand why we take the two capacitors in parallel thought i feel it must b taken in series so as to get answer

y do we take in parallel plz answer

Grade:12

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear babu

here in this case we will consider capacitor cac and cbc in series

Cac =4πεack/(c-a)

Cbc =4πεac/(c-b)

so   1/C = 1/Cac   + 1/Cbc

put the value this will give desired result.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free