this question is from lenz’s law.... in the given figure bar magnet is on the left side of coil with south pole moving towards the coil in this case direction of induced current is clockwise.... now my question is if we place bar magnet on right side of coil with same south pole moving towards the coil then what is current direction? will it become anticlockwise this time? or will it remain clockwise? how?

this question is from lenz’s law.... in the given figure bar magnet is on the left side of coil with south pole moving towards the coil in this case direction of induced current is clockwise.... now my question is if we place bar magnet on right side of coil with same south pole moving towards the coil then what is current direction? will it become anticlockwise this time? or will it remain clockwise? how?

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Sanjai
50 Points
4 years ago
See it seems that the question is a bit incomplete. Suppose you take the bar magnet with the south pole approaching towards the coil. It still appear to be clockwise if and only if you see from the fight side. I hope you understood. 
      The next case is that you remain fixed in the left side of the coil and the magnet moves towards the coil from the right side then it appears to be anti-clockwise. It all depends on the place if observation.
     To be clear consider the coil to be magnet. Fix a point in the left side of the coil.So if the flow of current appears to clockwise form the left side(i.e; S) obviously the other side would be (N) or you mave observe it to be anticlockwise

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free