sir, please help me in clearing my doubt---- in EMI we have studied that for any circuit having variable current, produces magnetic flux and hence induces emf in opposte direction of that of current inside the circuit which is called self induction but sir if emf is induced in opposite direction to that of current then the actual value of current should be decreased.....does this ha[ppen

sir, please help me in clearing my doubt----
in EMI we have studied that for any circuit having variable current, produces magnetic flux and hence induces emf in opposte direction of that of current inside the circuit which is called self induction but sir if emf is induced in opposite direction to that of current then the actual value of current should be decreased.....does this ha[ppen

Grade:12

1 Answers

Avishek Bhagat
askIITians Faculty 71 Points
3 years ago
Dear Student,

Self-inductanceor in other words inductance of the coil is defined as the property of the coil due to which it opposes the change of current flowing through it.

Self-inductance does not prevent the change of current, but it delays the change of current flowing through it.
so the value of current is not decreasedbut it delays the change of current flowing through it.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free