I read that the strength of magnetic field increases when a circular loop is turned more times.i.e. "If there is a circular coil having n turns, the magnetic field produced by this current-carrying circular coil will be n times as large as that produced by a circular loop of a single turn of wire. " I AM UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT HOW CAN A CIRCULAR LOOP BE TURNED MORE THAN ONE TIME WITHOUT MAKING IT SOLENOID. SO, PLZ EXPLAIN IT WITH A PHOTOGRAPH OF CIRCULAR LOOP TURNED MORE THAN ONE TIME.

I read that the strength of magnetic field increases when a circular loop is turned more times.i.e. "If there is a circular coil having n turns, the magnetic field produced by this current-carrying circular coil will be n times as large as that produced by a circular loop of a single turn of wire. " I AM UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT HOW CAN A CIRCULAR LOOP BE TURNED MORE THAN ONE TIME WITHOUT MAKING IT SOLENOID. SO, PLZ EXPLAIN IT WITH A PHOTOGRAPH OF CIRCULAR LOOP TURNED MORE THAN ONE TIME.

Grade:10

1 Answers

Ashish Kumar
askIITians Faculty 32 Points
10 years ago

Suppose there is a ring of a soft iron and you sufficient lenght of conducting wire.Now wrap the wire around the ring turn by turn ,overlapping the previous ring of wire. So now you will have N turns of loop with almost the same radius and the magnetic field produced by them will be N times that due to a single loop.So you made N turns of wire without making a solenoid.Though there is increase in thickness and radius of each turn will increase very less and can be assumed same for each loop.

1658_96912_signature.GIF

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free