a 60 HP slippering motor attached with 60 HP oil immmersed starter was properly running in good condition but suddenly it got damaged bt voltage fluctuation/surge in voltage. What are the techinacal reasons that both got damaged at one time due to voltage fluctuation/surge in voltage. please give detailed technical reasons. thanks sir,earlier i had already asked this question and got the reply,but the reply was that it was explaining working of slippering motor but my question was not answered. kindly read my question again and please reply for my question please reply fast,if possible within hour. akash

a 60 HP slippering motor attached with 60 HP oil immmersed starter was properly running in good condition but suddenly it got damaged bt voltage fluctuation/surge in voltage. What are the techinacal reasons that both got damaged at one time due to voltage fluctuation/surge in voltage. please give detailed technical reasons. thanks

sir,earlier i had already asked this question and got the reply,but the reply was that it was explaining working of slippering motor but my question was not answered.

kindly read my question again and please reply for my question

please reply fast,if possible within hour.

akash

Grade:

1 Answers

vikas askiitian expert
509 Points
13 years ago

Sensitivity to Voltage Levels and Voltage Fluctuation

Every piece of electrical equipment will operate within a range of voltage levels, however not necessarily with optimal performance. When the voltage level falls outside of its operational range, a device may be unable to start or operate, it may malfunction or the device may be damaged. The width of the voltage level range within which a device will operate is a measure of its sensitivity to voltage level.

A device that will operate fairly well within a range of +/-10% of nominal voltage would be considered to have a relatively low sensitivity to voltage level or voltage fluctuations. A device that operates properly only when the voltage level is within +/-5% (or less) of nominal voltage would be considered to be sensitive to voltage level or fluctuations.

Three phase motors are very tolerant of voltage level fluctuations while the electronic controls for the same motor might be quite sensitive.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free