Can i apply fleming"s left or right hand rule to a [straight] current carrying conductor in magnetic field ....................am i right or wrong if i approach the sum like this ???????????????????????explain meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can i apply fleming"s left or right hand rule to a [straight] current carrying conductor in magnetic field ....................am i right or wrong if i approach the sum like this ???????????????????????explain meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Grade:10

3 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

Yes ofcourse you can apply fleming's law to current carrying conductor...

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

Aniket Patra
48 Points
13 years ago

Yes you can apply the rule.Fleming's rule only gives the direction of the magnetic force acting on the conductor,but remember its basis is the nature of the charge carried by the conductor.

aryan kashyap
34 Points
13 years ago

sum has to be done treating them as vectors.separate components in all 3 axes n then add

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free