why electric current is a scalar quantity???

why electric current is a scalar quantity???

Grade:11

7 Answers

Nicho priyatham
625 Points
8 years ago
it dosnt obey triangular law of addition
ri8
S.CHARAN KUMAR RAO
15 Points
8 years ago
it does not obey laws of vector addition 

rahul
211 Points
8 years ago
it does not follow some of the rules of vectors like the vector law of addition
noogler
489 Points
8 years ago
a vector must have direction,magnitude and it must obey vector law of addition.

Eletric current has both magnitude and direction but it does not obey vector law of addition,so it is not a vector
erra akhil
208 Points
8 years ago
VECTOR=MAGNITUTE+DIRECTION
Current is a scalar quantity. It's better if I explain this.
For any physical quantity to be a vector,not only it should have direction and  magnitude but it should also obey the laws of vector addition.
Consider two wires A and carrying equal currents(for the sake of simplicity)X amperes placed at 90 degrees to each other.Now place another wire at the junction of wires A and B. Now if you measure the current passing through wire C, you will notice the current as 2X amperes.
If current was a vector,the current which you measured would have beensquare root of 2 times X amperes according to laws of vector addition.But instead the current which you measured is 2X amperes. Thus current does not obey the property of vector addition. Hence current is not a vector but a scalar.
Approve if you like my answer
suman gupta
25 Points
8 years ago
electric current is a scalar quantity because we know that scalar quantity have only magnitude but it dont have
suman gupta
25 Points
8 years ago
electric current is a scalar quantity because scalar quantity have only a magnitude but it don,t have a direction but  vector have both. while asking ques we do not give a direction for E.C. we only give a magnitude so we can told that that is a scalar quantity..........
                           AND if u support my answer then  like it…...
                                                                                                         thanks........

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free