In the given LCR series circuit .find the reading of the hot wire ammeter.

In the given LCR series circuit .find the reading of the hot wire ammeter.

Question Image
Grade:12

3 Answers

Adarsh
768 Points
6 years ago
In the given circuit the rms voltage = 2002 /2 = 200v .. 
Now from the circuit we can understand that potential difference across resistance is 80v.
so current through resistor = v/r = 80/40 = 2ampere..
Aditi Prachi
9 Points
6 years ago
The voltage drop across resistor is 80v and it will give current as 2 amp. The resistance provided by capacitor and inductor collectively will be more than or equal to the resistance of resistor. When it is equal the current will be 3 amp but this will be in case of resonance and this is not resonance and hence the current will be less than 3 amp. So collectively the reading will be between 2 - 5 amp. I got this question in my exam. And the options were 2amp 4 amp 5 amp and 9 amp.thus the answer will be 4 amp.
Gitanjali Rout
184 Points
5 years ago
The voltage drop across resistor is 80v and it will give current as 2 amp. The resistance provided by capacitor and inductor collectively will be more than or equal to the resistance of resistor. When it is equal the current will be 3 amp but this will be in case of resonance and this is not resonance and hence the current will be less than 3 amp. So collectively the reading will be between 2 - 5 amp. I got this question in my exam. And th

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free