If Area is perpendicular to the flow of electrons and ....current density is in the direction of current... From relation I=J.A...(J vector dot A vector) I=JAcos0 I=0..... PLEASE EXPLAIN...is current always O?

If Area is perpendicular to the flow of electrons and ....current density is in the direction of current...
From relation 
I=J.A...(J vector dot A vector)
I=JAcos0
I=0.....

PLEASE EXPLAIN...is current always O?

Grade:12

2 Answers

Aditya Gupta
2081 Points
4 years ago
no the current is not always 0.
but here i is zero coz u have said that direction of area is to be taken perpendicular to flow of electrons. so, angle b/w area and current is 90 deg. hence,
i= j.A
since current density is in the direction of current, angle b/w area and current density will also be 90 deg.
so, i= jAcos90
(as cos90 is zero)
kindly approve :))
Vikas TU
14149 Points
4 years ago

As the drift velocity of the electron is directly proportional to the resistance so if the electron move through a resistor then the drift speed of the electrons reduces when it leaves the wire .
The potential energy of the electrons gets increased as the potential energy is directly proportional to the resistance so hence the potential energy of the electrons will be larger compared to the potential energy of the electrons when the electrons leave the wire .

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free