Hi, Does a normal battery (power banks, AA cell, mobile phones etc) maintain a constant potential difference throughout their charge cycle? If so, how? (Please don't just say "cause of the chemical reactions", my logic is this, as the battery drains the density of the charges on both the terminals during a discharge cycle, the potential difference should reduce due to lesser charges now being present?) And if they can't, how will they be able to do it either theoretically or not? Thank you for taking your time to answer this burning question of mine! :D

Hi,

Does a normal battery (power banks, AA cell, mobile phones etc) maintain a constant potential difference throughout their charge cycle? If so, how?

(Please don't just say "cause of the chemical reactions", my logic is this, as the battery drains the density of the charges on both the terminals during a discharge cycle, the potential difference should reduce due to lesser charges now being present?)

And if they can't, how will they be able to do it either theoretically or not?

Thank you for taking your time to answer this burning question of mine! :D

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

SJ
askIITians Faculty 97 Points
3 years ago
Dear student
yes it will mantain a constant potential difference if there will be not consumption of battery powe together,as we have seen many times if we use mobiles with charging our phine gets heated ,just because there is not contant potential difference

ASkiitians expert

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free