greetings! class 12 cbse curriculum. in the combination of parallel plate capacitors, series arrangement, my student does not understand that when the left most plate (1st plate of 1st capacitor) is attached to the postive terminal of the battery, it gets a charge of +Q, and the right most plate (2nd plate of last capacitor)attached to the negative terminal, gets a charge of -Q. He says that getting a potential is fine, but how does the plate acquire charge? He asked that whether the circuit is complete or not, whether current is flowing or not. if current is not flowing, plate cannot acquire charge.. how do i explain?

greetings!

class 12 cbse curriculum.

in the combination of parallel plate capacitors, series arrangement, my student does not understand that when the left most plate (1st plate of 1st capacitor) is attached to the postive terminal of the battery, it gets a charge of +Q, and the right most plate (2nd plate of last capacitor)attached to the negative terminal, gets a charge of -Q. He says that getting a potential is fine, but how does the plate acquire charge? He asked that whether the circuit is complete or not, whether current is flowing or not. if current is not flowing, plate cannot acquire charge.. how do i explain?

Grade:upto college level

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free