Equivalent resistance b/w A-B ? Sir if I am using Wheatstone`s bridge and remove 4 ohm resistance then ans. Is wrong so plz explain why I can not use Wheatstone`s bridge here?

Equivalent resistance b/w A-B ? Sir if I am using Wheatstone`s bridge and remove 4 ohm resistance then ans. Is wrong so plz explain why I can not use Wheatstone`s bridge here?

Question Image
Grade:12

1 Answers

M H Rashid
35 Points
6 years ago
The concept of Wheatstones Bridge is used for the calculation of equivalent resistance only when there is a resistance in place of the galvanometer, i. e, when a restance is vertically connected; because in this case when the bridge is balanced, there is no current flowing through the resistance and therefore the presence or absence of this resistance does not affect anything. In this situation we remove the vertical resistance and then calculate the equivalent resistance.
But when a resistance is “horizontally” connected in the Wheatstones bridge, a current always flows through it irrespectictive of the fact that the bridge is balanced or not. therefore this resistance cannot be removed fot the calculation of equivalent reistance because its reoval will change the current in other branches of the circuit.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free