plz explain ohms law and prove it numerically and explain about rheostat explain with the help of diagram

plz explain ohms law and prove it numerically 

and explain about rheostat explain with the help of diagram

Grade:12

2 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
12 years ago

Dear Keshav,

OHM'S LAW

I = V/R,

= current, V = voltage, and R = resistance

*Depending on what you are trying to solve we can rearrange it two other ways.

V = I x R

R = V/I

*All of these variations of Ohm’s Law are mathematically equal to one another.

Best Of luck

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and winexciting gifts by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple click here to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear keshav kr,

Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference across the two points, and inversely proportional to the resistance between them.

The mathematical equation that describes this relationship is:

I = \frac{V}{R}

where I is the current through the conductor in units of amperes, V is the potential difference measured across the conductor in units of volts, and R is the resistance of the conductor in units of ohms.

Rheostat is basically a variable resistance. we connect it in the circuit if we want to change the resistance of the circuit. it has a sliding nob which is one of the terminal of this resistor and which can slide on the cylindrically wounded coil. one end of this wounded coil is connected to the circuit & other end is left free. resistance of the circuit can be changed by varying the nob over the wounded coil, so rheostat is not a tough device but a simple variable reistor.

Hope this helped you immensely...

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below...!Smile

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free