a fuse wire has___________resistance and _________ melting point MORE OR LESSS?????

a fuse wire has___________resistance and _________ melting point

MORE OR LESSS?????

Grade:9

22 Answers

SOHAN SARANGI
18 Points
13 years ago

Dear Shivam,

A fuse wire has high resistance and low melting point so that it will melt if a current of large magnitude passes through the wire

Feel free to ask any doubts.

Rituraj Verma
20 Points
13 years ago

a fuse wire has_low_resistance and _low_ melting point

MORE OR LESSS???

Ashwin Sinha
520 Points
13 years ago

Dear Shivam,

a fuse wire has HIGH resistance & LESS melting point. so that it can protect the elect. appliances by undergoing melting due to excess heat produced bcoz of high resistance. As a result, circuit is not complete , so no current flow in it.

Good Luck!!!!

Plz. Plz. approve it, by clicking 'Yes' below!!! Plz.!!!!!

Alice Stellwart
19 Points
13 years ago

Low resistance And Low M.P. Smile

This Simple Qs. Makes Me Bite My Nails. Cry

kakkar abhimanyu
14 Points
13 years ago

A fuse wire has high resistance & low melting point

ds z da right statement!!!

Prazwaall Luitell
26 Points
8 years ago
hey undoubtly be up that Fuse has HIGH resistance and LOW melting point. The more resistance the more opposing cA
AMAN JAIN
13 Points
8 years ago
a fuse should have high resistance
Raunaq Dhingra
24 Points
8 years ago
Why is everyone misleading when you aren’t sure of the answer ??? Please don’t mislead if you aren’t sure of the answer !! A fuse wire has low resistance and low melting point !! Low resistance because only then maximum current will pass through it and low melting point so that when high current is drawn, it melts and circuit remains protected !
Rajnish Arya
19 Points
8 years ago
when we increase resistance of fuse means that we increase the lenth of fuse  as we  know R INCREASE IT OBSTRUCT THE CURRENT IT PRODUCES MORE HEAT 
Parul Rai
23 Points
7 years ago
Hi shivam, A fuse wire has high resistance and low melting point. Understood? To protect the appliances , if a large amount of current flows through it the fuse will melt quickly and hence current will not pass any further.
Aniket Ranjan
24 Points
7 years ago
Fuse has a low resistance and low melting point.Source:WikipediaLink https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(electrical)
SRC Jayanth
57 Points
7 years ago
A fuse wire is an electrical instrument used for reducing the damage of electrical appliances when a high current passses into the wire. A fuse wire should have more resistance and a low melting point.
It is due to the following reasons;
  1. It should melt easily if a high current passes.
  2. It should get more heat which can be possible if high resistance is there.
CRAZYRAP
11 Points
6 years ago
fuse wire comes in different ratings, as the rating increases(in AMPS) its resistance(IN OHMS) must be inversely proportional .
arYa kumaR
39 Points
6 years ago
A fuse wire has more resistance and less melting point.
   Reason: As if high amount of current flows through the resistor the resistance[property of material] opposes its flow which causes heating effect in resistor and due to low melting point it breaks down and stops the flow of current in the circuit.Thus saves the device from being harmed.     
Pankaj
11 Points
6 years ago
Hey...fuse wire have `low resistance nd low melting point` not high resistance bcz if it have high resistance that means i can use as high resistance as possible which will lead current to not flow through the wire nd it will became useless... so that is why resistance is low .but its specific resistance is high becz sp. R depends on temp.
Aashish Baniya
13 Points
6 years ago
Fuse wire should have high resistance and low melting point. It is because when high current pass through the circuit, at first it will resist the high current and thus the electrical appliances get protected of being damaged. But if the current exceeds the resistive power of the fuse, low melting point of the fuse cause it to melt and cut off the current supply to the appliances and thus ensuring the protection.. That`s the true reason.
Jeevan
19 Points
6 years ago
It has high resistance and low melting point because if a high current passes through this then due to high resistance the wire will heat up quickly due to friction between the electrons in the current due to the opposition to the flow of electrons by the wire so will melt. Also due to low melting point even at a very low heating effect the wire will melt.
Shova De
11 Points
6 years ago
Fuse wire has low resistance and low melting point. Low resistance to allow maximum current to flow to the device, so that there is no voltage drop in the fuse.
Ugigugicih
13 Points
6 years ago
Generraly the nichrome wire is used in fuse because it has low melting point and high resistance means it heat mush as normal wire because for continoysly stopping
Gaurang
11 Points
6 years ago
Hey it should have low resistanceWe know the voltage is 240=IRAnd heat produced is I^2RTLet the value of I be 1 and R be 240Heat in 1 second is 240 JNow let the value of I be 240 and R be 1Heat in 1 sec is 57600 JHence lower resistance is higher current And maximum heat is produced.
SHAKTI SINGH
13 Points
4 years ago
risistance to high hoga but specific resistance low hoga ye 100 persent true he kyoki resister or specific resistance me deference he 
Yash Chourasiya
askIITians Faculty 256 Points
3 years ago
Hello Student

Main object of using fuse wire in electric circuit is to provide protection against short circuit or overload current. This means it protects the circuit from huge amount of current flow as it cause damage to the circuit.
Fuse wire must select in such a way that it burns and break the circuit when large current passes. For this purpose the material used as fuse wire should have high resistance and low melting point.

So a fuse wire has High or More resistance and Low or Less melting point.

I hope this answer will help you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free