why the hell,26000 students got selected in advance for 10000 seats....i secured 14329 rank in advance,,and no other college bother this rank...nd i m also nt getting NITs as my mains marks is 120 nd board 87..wht to do??

why the hell,26000 students got selected in advance for 10000 seats....i secured 14329 rank in advance,,and no other college bother this rank...nd i m also nt getting NITs as my mains marks is 120 nd board 87..wht to do??

Grade:12

1 Answers

Sakshi
askIITians Faculty 652 Points
8 years ago
Hi..
Actually the status is such that for a given number of seats, the number of students that are eligible for those seats is always more as compared to the actual number of seats. There is no point of cribbing over the rules that have been made. This is actually done to ensure that no seat is left unoccupied. If the ranking is done only wrt the number of seats, then, there will be the problem arising whn the seats will be left unoccupied as the students might drop out the seat.
ayaou should wait for the second and further counselling and see if something works out.
All the best..
Regards

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free